Techkon SpectroDens4 Receives Prestigious 2018 InterTech Technology Award
Danvers, MA (August 1, 2018) TECHKON– the innovation leader in high-precision color measurement solutions for the global print and packaging communities – announces today that the Techkon SpectroDens4 is the recipient of a prestigious 2018 InterTech Technology Award. The annual awards from Printing Industries of America (PIA) recognize technologies that are truly innovative and are expected to advance the performance of the graphic communications industry.
“The judges saw a variety of innovations in the SpectroDens4 that led them to believe that it is going to become the spectrophotometer of choice in many pressrooms,” said Jim Workman, vice president of PIA’s Center for Technology and Research.
Among the key innovations in the SpectroDens4:
- Utilizes a completely different design from legacy ‘clamshell’ devices. A a patented, side mounted aperture allows the operator to more easily position the optics over the desired measurement location and have visual confirmation of the area they are measuring
- Operators can switch between spot measurement and color bar scanning modes with the click of a button (and no additional hardware to purchase or install)
- Uses an ultra-high definition spectral sensor which samples in 3mn increments yielding a more accurate spectral characterization & more accurate color measurements
- Solid-state spectral engine with no moving parts or spinning filter wheels that increases the product reliability and measurement accuracy over time
- Uses true WiFi connectivity to computers which boast faster communication speeds, enhanced security, and a much greater connectivity range
- Wireless inductive charging, with noexposed electrical contacts allowing for greater ease of use, reliability, and maintenance free charging for the life of the product
- Designed so the customer can change the measurement aperture themselves (1.5mm or 3mm apertures depending on measurement requrements)
- Techkon’s InkCheck feature which provides specific ink density adjustments to obtain the lowest deltaE color match
“We are honored that the SpectroDens4 has been recognized for this award” states Stephen Rankin, Director of Product Development for Techkon USA. “From the beginning, the SpectroDens4 has been designed to leapfrog the staus quo, “clamshell” or “stapler” style, pressroom handheld spectrophotomers and offer a totally new user experience for press operators and quality managers. We are thrilled the PIA judging panel recognized the ease of use, practicality, and value built into SpectroDens4. These are precisely the reasons why so many printers are making the switch to SpectroDens and other Techkon pressroom products.”
Techkon is the innovation leader in densitometers, spectrophotometers and color software solutions for the global print community. With a track record of 30 + years of continued technological excellence, Techkon products are chosen for their high degree of measurement accuracy, repeatability, reliability and ease of operation in all sectors of the printing industry. Techkon’s innovative color measurement solutions have led to highly successful implementations by leading OEM press manufacturers and large commercial printers, yielding dramatic gains in quality, productivity and cost savings.