- Paperboard and Paper-based Packaging
- Design, Display & Merchandising Services
- Environmentally Sustainable Packaging
- Improved color quality and consistency across
an integrated network of 12 paper mills and
more than 100 container operations.
- Company-wide installation of the Techkon SpectroDens Premium
- Implementation and training on a new color best practices program
- Higher color quality
- Greater consistency in brand color, across facilities
- Increased scheduling efficiencies through a faster makeready process
- Ability to track press performance across the network
- Decreased material and labor costs
Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation (“Smurfit-Stone”) was looking to reduce their environmental footprint while increasing color quality and consistency across their integrated network of 12 paper mills and more than 100 container operations. As a premium packaging printer for Serving the most discerning of national brand owner customers, they looked to standardize their operations on Techkon’s SpectroDens®.
Techkon worked with Smurfit-Stone to assess needs and draw up an implementation plan that would put Smurfit-Stone on packaging’s leading edge of color quality control. To speed the makeready process, brand color libraries were loaded directly onto devices so with a click, press operators were able to quickly assess “Pass/Fail” with clear recommendations on how to bring color in line quickly and efficiently.
The ability to quickly check color accuracy as well as recommended color adjustments allowed Smurfit-Stone to increase operational efficiencies across press rooms, decrease their environmental waste and footprint and recognize significant savings in time, labor and material costs.