If you’re wondering: “How do I clean a color densitometer or spectrophotometer?” or “What’s the best cleaning solution to use to clean my densitometer or spectrophotometer?” Your color management support team at Techkon USA has the answer. It’s especially important during these uncertain times that we work collaboratively to ensure the safety and health of all our employees, customers, and partners involved in the supply chain. We also want to be sure you take the proper approach with the best cleaning solvent (for the aluminum casing) and a non-abrasive cloth, such as a lens cleaner. We want customers to have all the information they need to effectively clean Techkon color measurement instruments and to assist customers in maintaining a healthy work environment. So, if you still have questions after reading this article, please contact our support team.
- The best cleaning agent for your color densitometer or spectrophotometer, whether it be a handheld or scanning device, is 99% Isopropyl alcohol. Please refrain from using any abrasive cleaning agents or chemicals, including Windex or other glass cleaners with ammonia.
- We recommend wearing disposable gloves made of latex (or nitrile gloves if you are latex-sensitive) when cleaning and disinfecting devices.
- Clean the entire outside aluminum casing of the instrument with 99% Isopropyl alcohol. The aperture, however, should only be cleaned with compressed air.
- Do not spray any liquids directly onto the product.
- Use only lint-free microfiber cloth on your densitometers or spectrophotometers. Please refrain from using any abrasive cloth on the device.
- If your device is used on a daily basis, it should be cleaned at the end of each day using the procedure mentioned above.
- If your device is not in use, it should be stored in the original black plastic device case.
- Please be sure to carefully clean the entire outside casing of the color measurement instrument before sending it back for repair or recertification.
- When your device is returned it will have been thoroughly cleaned once again before packing.
Please feel free to call us at 978-777-1854 with any questions you may have.