SpectroDENS uses bright LEDs and a unique sensor array with high sensitivity. It can make fast measurements, yet deliver accurate results.
Here is an example that shows how SpectroDENS measurements are much more consistent than one of the leading competing products. A black sample was measured with polarizing filter. The measurements were repeated 30 times. The ΔE variation for the 30 readings is plotted below. Lower values imply better repeatability and lower variability.
The average and maximum variation is shown below. It is clear that the SpectroDENS reduces variability by a factor of 5.
Another consideration is how well the measurements on a device compare with measurements for the same sample made on a different device. Here are results for 16 samples measured on 4 devices under M0 measurement condition.
Blue bars show inter-instrument agreement between Techkon SpectroDENS and three different X-Rite models. Orange bars show inter-instrument agreement between three different XRGA certified X-Rite models in field use. In this exercise, average color differences in ΔE00 ranging from 0.24 to 0.55 were found when considering all 16 colors. Techkon SpectroDENS agrees with the X-Rite units almost as well as the X-Rite instruments agree amongst themselves. Read more about this study here.
- Quick Measurement of Color and Density: Both process and spot colors can be controlled. Shows solid ink density, % dot area, gray balance and deltaE color values important for Pantone®* and critical brand colors.
- Density Adjustment Recommendation: Suggests ink density adjustment that will give the best color match. A unique report shows density variation across press along with adjustment for each section.
- Spot and Scan Measurement in Same Device: Scan any color bar containing up to 54 patches; no guide bar required, 4 wheels keep straight alignment while scanning.
- Implement G7™ Compliance and Control: G7 feature that displays recommended ink key specific adjustments of C,M,Y densities to obtain neutral values according to the G7 specification.
- Quick Proof Verification by Scan Media Wedge: Scan control wedge in seconds to confirm proofs against ISO 12647-7 and known datasets like GRACol, SWOP3, SWOP5, IFRA, UGRA/FOGRA G7™ etc.
- ISO Check in 3 Seconds: Quick method for verifying print-to-print and print-to-standard color quality clearly indicating a pass or fail condition.
- QC Software Included: Create, edit and manage your color libraries. Export color data. Generate QC reports. Manage instrument.
SpectroDENS has been evaluated and adopted by printing companies big and small with the highest standards for quality. Our customers include Bemis, Quad, RockTenn, Menasha, Heidelberg, RR Donnelly. Here are some examples of their comments:
“We use the Techkon SpectroDens here. Works great for us, includes measurement export, nice trending features and a lot of features built in to one device. The ink check feature is very user friendly as well.”
“You are absolutely right the Techkon SpectroDens is very rugged and reliable.”
“Techkon is a real rising star right now with their current instrument line-up. All their instruments are very fast and handle great (good ergonomics).”
“The Techkon SpectroDens has the better UI, superior ergonomics, measurement speed, and nice *free* software.”
“We have both and the Techkon is better designed all the way around. If for no other reason, you can set it directly on the patch you want to measure and take a reading.”
Request a Quote!
* PANTONE® and other Pantone trademarks are property of Pantone LLC