Techkon USA Unveils New Cloud-Based Color Quality Assurance Software, ChromaQA®
Danvers, MA (April 17, 2012) TECHKON USA – the innovation leader in densitometers, spectrophotometers and software solutions for the global print and packaging communities, announced today that it will unveil ChromaQA®, its new cloud-based color quality assurance solution at drupa 2012.
Based on Techkon’s superior color measurement and control technology, ChromaQA is a powerful set of tools designed to provide both direct and remote access to pressroom color data, allowing print quality control managers to monitor color quality in real-time on press, locally or globally. It empowers digital, flexographic, and packaging press operators to make timely, critical adjustments on press, substantially increasing quality and profitability by catching problems early in the print production process.
ChromaQA software comes in two versions: the Standard and Cloud editions. The Standard edition is for single-seat installations that do not require remote access. ChromaQA Cloud edition is designed to allow larger organizations with multiple presses and print facilities to remotely manage and monitor customer jobs via the Internet or company Intranet.
“Immediate access to accurate press run information is critical to any printer making real-time color quality control decisions on press,” reports George Adam, Techkon USA President. “Techkon ChromaQA is the tool that gives you full color control, whether in the pressroom or hundreds of miles away. It makes the difference in the customer satisfaction of your print job, and can have significant impact on the profitability of day-to-day operations, no matter if you are a single and multi-plant operation.”
Sophisticated, yet easy to use, Techkon ChromaQA software provides press operators or quality control personnel a wide range of functionality, including the ability to measure color control bars and receive immediate, intuitive feedback on how well the job is both performing on press and conforming to customer tolerances. Print quality control managers and press operators all benefit from using ChromaQA by:
- Efficiency of monitoring press room results either locally or remotely, and receiving press room data in real-time during press run
- Savings of catching color problems early in the press run and avoiding remakes
- Ease of using an intuitive interface to configure job specifications and color bars
- Versatility of importing colors from multiple industry standard file formats like MIF, CXF, CXF3, TCB, .INK and Excel CSV
- Speed of choosing previously created tolerance settings used in other print jobs
- Convenience of simply creating and saving configured color bars for use in other print jobs, eliminating the need to create a new color bar for every job
- Productivity of exporting detailed Trending and Statistical Reports in PDF or Excel CSV formats for consideration in future press runs
ChromaQA software can be fully integrated with Techkon’s wide array of color measurement devices that includes: Techkon SpectroDens®, Techkon SpectroDensXL®, Techkon SpectroJet®, Techkon SpectroDrive® and Techkon SpectroEdge®, as well as devices from other leading manufacturers.
Visit us at drupa (Hall 09 Stand D62) to see demonstrations of our exciting new products.
# # #
Techkon is the innovation leader in densitometers, spectrophotometers and color software solutions for the global print community. With a track record of 28+ years of continued technological excellence, Techkon products are chosen for their high degree of measurement accuracy, repeatability, reliability and ease of operation in all sectors of the printing industry. Techkon’s innovative color measurement solutions have led to highly successful implementations by leading OEM press manufacturers and large commercial printers, yielding dramatic gains in quality, productivity and cost savings.