Danvers, MA (April 24, 2012) TECHKON USA – the innovation leader in densitometers, spectrophotometers and software solutions for the global print and packaging communities, announced today that it will showcase the new SpectroEdge for flexo presses at drupa 2012.
Based on Techkon’s leading-edge color measurement technology, Techkon SpectroEdge is an inline spectrophotometer that gives flexographic press operators the ability to measure and maintain accurate color at standard production speeds, instead of only at a roll change or when the job is complete. SpectroEdge reads the color bars on your sheet and instantly interprets the color values sent to your host computer. It mounts directly on the press, capturing real-time spectral data at print production speeds up to 1000ft/minute (300m/minute), without the need to stop the press, and reports “on-the-fly” color variations as they occur, eliminating costly waste.
The new SpectroEdge is designed to work in conjunction with the ChromQA software recently developed by Techkon USA. “Immediate access to accurate press run information is critical to any printer making real-time color quality control decisions on press,” reports George Adam, Techkon USA President. “The combination of SpectroEdge and ChromaQA gives you full color control in real-time, whether you are in the pressroom or hundreds of miles away. Each of these products make a critical difference in the customer satisfaction of your print job, and can have significant impact on the profitability of day-to-day operations, no matter if you are a single and multi plant operation.”
The new Techkon SpectroEdge and ChromaQA are commercially available, easily implemented and suitable for a wide range of flexo environments. Working either individually or in tandem, their capabilities include:
- Drives color measurement at press speeds of 1000 ft/min (300 meters/min)
- Measures 3000 samples per second, reporting 31 spectral bands and providing CIE L*a*b, CIE L*C*h* and status T & E densities
- Utilizes Techkon patent-pending automatic color bar recognition and alignment features, measuring color bars printed along the paper feed path
- Color Quality Assurance Cloud Software offers both client server and single seat versions
- Enables print specifiers, quality control managers and press room managers to create and monitor print jobs locally or remotely, managing all required customer information, color values, and target tolerances required to print the job
- Posts job information to the cloud (or company Intranet) so multiple presses and/or plants printing the same job may all access the same target color tolerances and values, and color data from multiple presses
- Manages custom color libraries, analyzes color quality and tracks and reports trending
Visit us at drupa (Hall 09 Stand D62) to see demonstrations of these exciting new products. More information at: www.techkonusa.com/
# # #
Techkon is the innovation leader in densitometers, spectrophotometers and color software solutions for the global print community. With a track record of 28+ years of continued technological excellence, Techkon products are chosen for their high degree of measurement accuracy, repeatability, reliability and ease of operation in all sectors of the printing industry. Techkon’s innovative color measurement solutions have led to highly successful implementations by leading commercial, digital and large packaging printers and OEM press manufacturers, yielding dramatic gains in quality, productivity and cost savings.
Techkon. . . We measure color and more.