Powerful Pressroom Color Measurement Tools to be shown at INFO*FLEX
Danvers, MA (April 07, 2010) TECHKON – the innovation leader in densitometers, spectrophotometers and color software solutions for the global print community – announced plans to show their portfolio of powerful color measurement devices at INFO*Flex 2010. Held in conjunction with the Foundation of Flexographic Technical Association’s 2010 Annual Forum, INFO*Flex will take place May 3 – 5, 2010 at the Paris Las Vegas, Las Vegas NV.
INFO*Flex attendees will have the opportunity to personally test drive:
- SpectroDens® – a highly accurate, handheld spectrophotometer and easy-to-use densitometer
- SpectroJet® – newly introduced, this “spectrophotometer on wheels,” automatically measures the densities and color values and transfers measurement data to a PC within seconds
- SpectroDrive® – a device that scans the entire press sheet colorbar in seconds while simultaneously sending spectral and density measurement data wirelessly to a PC running ExPresso® software
“Of special interest to the packaging printers, converters, consumer product companies and prepress providers attending INFO*Flex, will be the rich feature set our products bring to packaging printing,” states George Adam, President of Techkon USA. “In our product development, we’ve listened closely to this marketplace and addressed key concerns in the areas of critical color measurement, spot colors, metallics and foils.”
The rich feature set of Techkon products is evidenced in its wide range of highly functional software modules. Techkon PhotoLab software module is used for evaluating and displaying measured Lab color data graphically and numerically. It analyzes and displays color differences between in-house standard references and measured samples, and provides print run trend analysis, critical data for improving press accuracy and productivity. The Techkon Media Wedge feature enables printers to ensure proof-to-print accuracy and compliance with the G7™ specification, by measuring primary, secondary and gray balance colors and providing instant feedback. Additional support for G7 comes from the Techkon Gray Guide function which measures gray balance patches and actually suggests ink density changes to ensure adherence to the G7 specification.
These newly released Techkon PhotoLab and Media Wedge modules are available as part of SpectroDens Premium. As with Techkon’s generous upgrade policy, all of these new features are available free-of-charge to existing SpectroDens Premium customers. These features are also available at a charge to customers wanting to upgrade to the Premium level software.
Hands-on demonstrations of all these product features will illustrate the distinct value-add that these modules provide for packaging printers in reference to:
- Speed: Enabling one-second capture of individual color patch information, to an 8-second scan of the entire 40″ color bar
- Accuracy: Unmatched in precision and repeatability, device to device
- True Density: Reporting the spectral density for spot colors
- Polarization: Eliminating the high glare factor in printing of metallics and foils
- Quality Control: Precise feedback for accurate color adjustments and higher customer satisfaction
- Productivity: Faster make-ready, more press uptime, less material waste in an industry known for its expensive substrates
For nearly three decades INFO*FLEX has been North America’s #1 package printing and in-line converting networking event. Coinciding with Forum 2010, the INFO*FLEX Exhibition will host 200+ booths manned by 160 of flexography’s leading suppliers, as well as a presentation theater and educational pavilion.
Visit Techkon at INFO*FLEX, Booth 617
For more information: www.TechkonUSA.com
# # #
Techkon is the innovation leader in densitometers, spectrophotometers and color software solutions for the global print community. With a track record of 28 years of continued technological excellence, Techkon products are chosen for their high degree of measurement accuracy, repeatability, reliability and ease of operation in all sectors of the printing industry. Techkon’s innovative color measurement solutions have led to highly successful implementations by leading OEM press manufacturers and large commercial printers, yielding dramatic gains in quality, productivity and cost savings.