The fastest & easiest way to control color
and density throughout your print workflow
SpectroDens is your all-purpose, modern, color measurement device that combines the qualities of a highly accurate spectophotometer and also an easy-to-use densitometer. SpectroDens is exceptionally equipped and excels at every application from pre-press to print, including the verification of inks in the color lab, proofs in pre-press, and ongoing quality control in the pressroom. In addition, it’s the most ergonomic device on the market and that’s why operators consistently prefer the SpectroDens to the cumbersome, slower, clamshell-style devices they have used in the past.
- An ultra-high definition, spectral sensor samples color in approximately 3nm increments (from 400-700nm) providing a higher resolution spectral characterization when compared to conventional instruments and allows for single spot measurements in approximately 1 second.
- NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology ) certified calibrations ensure the measurement accuracy and agreement with other instrument manufacturers.
- SpectroDens fulfills M0, M1, M2, M3 measurement conditions in accordance to ISO 13655 and full support for ISO and G7® methodologies.
- A patented, side-mounted aperture, allows the operator to more easily position the optics over the desired measurement location while providing visual confirmation.
- Four precisely aligned wheels on the underside of the device allow the operator to switch between spot measurement and color bar scanning with the click of a button.
- Sleek design and small size fits comfortably in the operators hand and allows for easy one-handed operation.
- With no moving parts and a solid state spectral engine, SpectroDens delivers unbeatable and proven reliability backed by a 2 year warranty.
- Physical buttons allow the operator to switch between instrument modes and withstand the harshest pressroom environments unlike delicate touch screen interfaces.
- The unibody case is precisely machined from a single block of aluminum to maximize durability and reliability in unforgiving production environments.
- QUICK MEASUREMENT OF PROCESS AND SPOT COLORS
Control your process, spot, Pantone® or other critical brand colors by measuring solid ink density, % dot area, CIE Lab, deltaE, and more.
- BEST COLOR MATCH
InkCheck™ feature helps press operators minimize color differences (deltaE’s) by providing specific density adjustments to achieve best possible color matches.
- ACHIEVE G7 COMPLIANCE
GrayGuide™ feature displays G7 pass/fail indication and specific C,M,Y density adjustments to obtain grayscale values according to G7 specification.
- TRACK DENSITIES ACROSS SHEET
Shows density variation across press sheet and provides specific ink key adjustments right on instrument display.
- SCAN MEDIA WEDGE FOR QUICK PROOF VERIFICATION
Scan control wedge in seconds to confirm proofs against 12647-7 and known datasets like GRACol, SWOP3, SWOP5, IFRA, UGRA/FOGRA, G7™, etc.
- DESKTOP SOFTWARE INCLUDED
Create, edit, and manage color libraries, import/export color data, generate pass/fail QC reports, and manage instrument, all with SpectroConnect.
- TAILORED TO MEET YOUR NEEDS
The SpectroDens is available in 3 different models to best meet your color measurement needs (model comparison below).
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY
Uses true WiFi connectivity to computers which boast faster communication speeds, enhanced security, and a much greater connectivity range
- FAST APERTURE SWITCHING
Designed so the customer can change the measurement aperture themselves (1.5mm or 3mm apertures depending on measurement requirements)